Setting Values in Multiple Tables at Once?

Once again, i have thought myself into a corner...I am wanting to revamp the procedure for adding a patient admission record in order to resolve the issue with the incorrect hospital information being sent to chat session, as show in this post

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Order-of-Operations-Issue-Incorrect-Column-Data...

So my idea to get around this was to instead create an "admissions" form and a separate table to contain the admissions records. I added a action to create an "admission" button on the patient record if [In Hospital] was false, and used LINKTOFORM() to show the form and push some information from the patient record to the admissions form:

Screenshot 2022-06-27 08.52.26.pngScreenshot 2022-06-27 08.27.50.png

of course if this action is triggered from an actual patient record, the patient name is automatically filled in.

But this has created a little bit of a problem. How can I now take the Room number from this form and push it back to the Room column in the Patient table?

0 2 72
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Form Saved event on the form that uses a reference action that cue's the patient's row to update its room number from the latest admission row.

This one is proving problematic for me ๐Ÿ˜ž I definitely want to learn my way out of this one, but it seems at the moment, the path of least resistance may be just to eliminate the quick edit option and force the end user to edit the record "in one shot" to ensure that all elements of the record are changed at once, since quick edits are processed as individual changes.

that said, if any of you are freelancers who would perhaps entertain the idea of a private lesson to help me understand a few options, I'm open to discuss further.

Top Labels in this Space