Share Photos between Apps

I want to use 1 data source to power 2 different apps.
Data contains 4 image columns.
App 1 allows users to upload and edit images.
App 2, designed for a different set of users should be able to see these images

Currently, when I use the phone to capture an image using App1, the image doesnโ€™t show in App 2. I get a blank place holder with an exclamation mark.

Any help appreciated.

The apps are not deployed currently as Iโ€™m new and just testing the waters

0 2 970
2 REPLIES 2

Harry2

This occurs because the spreadsheet is shared by the apps, but the photos are not. If you look into the spreadsheet, you will see that the image paths in the image columns are not absolute paths, i.e. they do not specify the full path from the root of your Google drive (or you cloud storage provider) to the folder where the images are stored. Instead, the paths are relative to the default folder of the app. This means that the image folder is stored inside the appโ€™s default folder. Since each app will have their own default folder, the images for the apps will be stored in 2 different places. In your case, since the images are captured with App1, they will be stored in the folder of App1. However, because App2 will attempt to look for the images in its own folder, it will not be able to load the images. To fix this, you will need to configure the apps to share the same default folder. In the Info > Properties tab in the app editor, expand the App Properties section, and change the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ settings of both apps to the same folder. Then make sure that the folder that stores the images is stored inside this shared default folder.

Worked perfectly! thanks a lot

Top Labels in this Space