Share app to people from differents organizations or domains

Hello everyone,

Do you know if it is possible to share an app to users that are not from our organization or domain ?

For example I would like to build an app and then share it with Appsheet users that are clients (different organization) or collaborators from other entities of my company (different domain).

Thank you for your help, have a nice day !

Corentin

0 9 1,605
9 REPLIES 9

@Corentin_Dal_Farra
There 2 options with user authentication:
1.) Assigning users whom should own a cloud associated email adress from:

• Google
  • Box
  • Dropbox
  • Office 365
  • SalesForce
  • Smartsheet

2.) You or your users can create your/their own login credentials regardless of any cloud association with a key pair combination i.e. username & pwd, email & pwd etc. provided you subscribe to AppSheet Business Plan and incorporate AWS Cognito to this plan as an add-on.

Provided you are using Domain Authentication via AppSheet, only users associated with your own domain can access the app.

Hello @LeventK

Thank you for your answer,

So If I understand well I can create an app and share it for example :

• Share to all my organization through the domain feature
    3X_a_4_a4a367947e57aa95be4ddde994b03aa0c43f9a02.png
  • Share to some external clients with specific mail adress different from mine

Have a nice day,

Corentin

Thatโ€™s correct @Corentin_Dal_Farra. Please be aware that, by granting access for a whole domain, will need regular checks for the app licencing. Provided you are not integrating a Domain Auth feature, then you wonโ€™t be having a control on the users who can login to the app or not. For example; if you choose to add the entire domain of myCompany.com, and let me be one of that companyโ€™s staff that you donโ€™t want me to access/use the app, provided someone in the company share the app link with me, Iโ€™ll simply be accessing the app.

Thus; I highly and humbly suggest to have a Users table and use Security Filters to filter the app data as per user, so that if any unwanted user accesses the app, they wonโ€™t be seeing any data at all.

Thank you for these details @LeventK

It brings another question after what you said :

I was thinking that if I share an app to my company domain and for example I have only 20 Appsheet licences for my company, only the 20 licenced user could access the app ?

I understand that even if a user do not have a licence but is in the company domain, he will have the possibility to access the app ?

Thanks for this valuable information

Corentin

When you authorize an entire domain, every email address can access the app and login. If you have N number of licences, then with N+1th user, the appsheet will warn you about the licence usage. Provided you donโ€™t take the necessary actions in 3 days, your apps will be blocked.

Correct.

Thank you for your answers,

I was not aware that a user can access an app without a licence, can you explain to me when a licence is needed (maybe for sharing or edit or creating app)?

That would mean that if I am the only one to create apps in my organization, I only need 1 licence.

Thanks, have a great day

Corentin

Depending on what kinda auth protocol you have set in your app, each user explicitly specified and invited via email to use the app via Users pane, can access and use the app. Thus, each distinct email address accessing the app, requires 1 (one) licence.

That 1 (one) licence only gives yourself to use the app provided the app is deployed. If your app is not deployed max. 10 users can use and test your app.

@LeventK thanks for all this information

I think I should take time to see more in detail the access and rights part of Appsheet.

Thank you for your very helpful answer

Have a nice day,

Corentin

Youโ€™re very welome. My pleasure to be helped of.

Top Labels in this Space