Sharing Apps with email list

Hi Team,

I'm thinking this is more of a feature request really but here goes.

I wonder if anyone would find it useful to have the ability to write expressions to share apps with emails.

Chris_Jeal_0-1657621082305.png

Currently, we can share both directly to email addresses and domains, this is good but I wonder if we could manage this via our apps.

If we had user tables in apps, could we not use an expression builder to select members within the table to have access to particular apps?

I think this way we could use something like the expression below to help manage app access.

select(

Users[email],

in("this_app_name",Users[App_Access])

)

Best,

Chris

1 3 143
3 REPLIES 3

Allowing authentication based on data managed within an app--or, even, an account--would be very helpful. That would obviate in some situations the need to create customized authentication via Cognito or other means.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Arguably, allowing the app itself to determine who can use it could be a huge security risk. Most "no-code" app creators probably aren't savvy enough to properly secure their app.

Of course, thatโ€™s a real risk that needs to be mitigated via a smart implementation by AppSheet of any feature like this. Maybe it needs to be an account-level table. In the end, whatโ€™s needed is a mechanism to increase app creatorsโ€™ flexibility to manage an appโ€™s user allowlist, which AppSheet already supports.

Top Labels in this Space