Sharing a row can preset email and subject be used

When sharing a row can preset email and subject line be used so that it is automatically entered?

Solved Solved
0 9 281
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can have an action โ€œExternal: Start an emailโ€ and you get there the columns to fill. (To/Subject/body)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

I believe you may wish to elaborate more on your requirement.

When I click on share, it calls my default mail program Outlook to email the row/record I am in. Is it possible to have a preset email address and subject line in that email.

You can have an action โ€œExternal: Start an emailโ€ and you get there the columns to fill. (To/Subject/body)

Thank you Alex. That is exactly what I was looking for but the body is empty. What do I put in the body so that it pulls the data of the row as I see it on the screen?

In order to reference columns from the current row, you must [dereference] _THISROW .

(https://help.appsheet.com/expressions/expression-types/dereference-expressions)

Never played with it but I can see you can use formulas. Try adding the columns and see what you get.

I added the columns to the body field but it does not work. So close. All I want is the row data to be sent via email with present To/Subject but it does not seem that simple.

just tried it and it does work.

in my table I have a a column named driver which is ref to divers table.

if I put [Driver] in the body it will have the ID for the driver in the drivers table.

if I put [Driver].[Name], which means the value in the column Name from the table that Driver is ref, then it brings Johnny.

Show me your columns that you want to send

I was also thinking about the email.
Will the email always be the same?

I added a new SendEmail table ref to MainTable and ref to ContactsTable
The action Email actually opens SendEmail_Form and there you can select to which contact to send it.
When the form is saved there is another action running which is the actual Start an email action

Top Labels in this Space