Should records added by a bot be immediately visible in the app?

Good evening 

The query is:

Should records added by a bot be immediately visible in the app, or do I need to sync the app before I can see them?

I have configured a bot that adds a record in a table from a record entered in another.

The bot works fine, but what I have noticed is that the record generated by the bot does not appear in the app immediately, being necessary to synchronize the app so that it just appears.

I wanted to confirm if this is really the case, because I understood that what is done within the app can be seen immediately in the app, without the need to synchronize all the data.

Could someone confirm this for me please?

Thank you very much.

Solved Solved
0 1 66
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MarcosL wrote:

the record generated by the bot does not appear in the app immediately, being necessary to synchronize the app so that it just appears

Correct. Here's an overview.

The app runs mostly on the user device. Changes made directly by a user are immediately available on that device. They're not available to other users until they sync to the server and then to those users.

An app's automations run on the server. Changes made on the server are not available on any user's device until the app on that device next syncs data with the server.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@MarcosL wrote:

the record generated by the bot does not appear in the app immediately, being necessary to synchronize the app so that it just appears

Correct. Here's an overview.

The app runs mostly on the user device. Changes made directly by a user are immediately available on that device. They're not available to other users until they sync to the server and then to those users.

An app's automations run on the server. Changes made on the server are not available on any user's device until the app on that device next syncs data with the server.

Top Labels in this Space