Show/Hide a column in a Form based on multiple inputs of another column

I have a form that has a few questions that only need to show based on the input of another column. Hopefully I can simplify this, I have one form that has a column [Type] which the user would input one of the following (Vacuum, Air, Lab Air, Control Air, WAGD, etc)

I now have a few questions on the form that only pertain to Med Air, Lab Air and Control Air. 

For each of these questions (columns) I used the expression ([Type]="Medical Air", "Instrument Air", "Lab Air", "Dental Air", "Control Air") but it only is showing for Medical Air. I assume b/c its the first one in the expression. It is not showing for Lab Air and Control Air. 

I also tried ([Type]="Medical Air" or
if[Type]="Instrument Air" or
if[Type]="Lab Air" or
if[Type]="Dental Air" or
if[Type]="Control Air")

Which did not work either. Where is the problem in my expression?

Solved Solved
0 8 575
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

• If you want certain questions to show based on the data entered into the [Type] field, you need to write one of the following in the Show If option for each of the questions:

For Example

• [Question 1] - Show If
  • [type]="Instrument Air"     
  • This will make [Question 1] show only if [type]="Instrument Air"

• [Question 2] - Show If
  • OR([type]="Instrument Air",[type]="Lab Air",[type]="Dental Air")
  • This will make [Question 2] show only if [type]="Instrument Air", "Lab Air", or "Dental Air"

I hope I understood your question correctly and this is useful!

View solution in original post

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I am creating a database. This form will help to show questions/columns related to item selected from list. I have a application. But now problem is if value is empty in that columns, column still shows in detail form. I want it to hide if no value. I had posted about this issue today with screenshot. Maybe you will be able to understand from that. Please reply if you still find difficulty. I am not sure how I can share you the link personal for testing. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

• If you want certain questions to show based on the data entered into the [Type] field, you need to write one of the following in the Show If option for each of the questions:

For Example

• [Question 1] - Show If
  • [type]="Instrument Air"     
  • This will make [Question 1] show only if [type]="Instrument Air"

• [Question 2] - Show If
  • OR([type]="Instrument Air",[type]="Lab Air",[type]="Dental Air")
  • This will make [Question 2] show only if [type]="Instrument Air", "Lab Air", or "Dental Air"

I hope I understood your question correctly and this is useful!

You are such a genius!! Thank you so much, I can work hours on trying different stuff like this but to get an answer in less than and hour is so great!!

Happy to help!

Hi, I am new to Appsheet. Is there any option to create multiple questions column based on drop down list? Without using expression for each item can we use separate form as settings like a group of questions for a particular list selected in form. 

Can you provide an example by chance? I am not quite sure yet what up are hoping to do. Thanks! 

Example :

I choose item shirt from a drop down list in form. So questions (columns) should show only.. Brand, full or half sleeve, size.

I choose another item pipe from a drop down list in form. So questions (columns) should show only.. Type, grade, size, purpose.

Like a grouped question list on selected drop down in single form. 

This is possible, and there are many ways to do it, but it will depend on what your overall database structure needs to look like. Without knowing your full plan, it would seem best to avoid a complicated structure and just set up a table for each item (shirt, pipe, etc) that has the qualities that each item requires (Brand, full or half sleeve, size for shirt; Type, grade, size, purpose for pipe), and then have the user first select the item from a list to be taken to the appropriate form. Do you have a database set up already?

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I am creating a database. This form will help to show questions/columns related to item selected from list. I have a application. But now problem is if value is empty in that columns, column still shows in detail form. I want it to hide if no value. I had posted about this issue today with screenshot. Maybe you will be able to understand from that. Please reply if you still find difficulty. I am not sure how I can share you the link personal for testing. 

Top Labels in this Space