Show If Statements in Views within an Interactive Dashboard

Hi There, 

Im trying to use showif expression for certain views within an interactive Dashboard, but when filtering the dashboards the showifs dont work. Wonderign if this a limitaiton from Appsheet or if ther may be a way to write and expression to achieve this.

Appreciate the help.

@Steve 

0 6 556
6 REPLIES 6

Turn "Include Show columns in detail views" on?

Turn "Show overlay actions in dashboards" on?

Turn "Show overlay actions in dashboards" on?

Using old or new desktop mode?

Simon@1minManager.com

Thanks for the quick reply, I enabled Show columns in details view and overlay for dashboards. IM using the old desktop version. The expression Im using is

IN( "Value in Column", Table[Column])=True.

Thinking that when the user selects the filter this will trigger to show or not the view.

So just IN( "Value in Column", Table[Column]) will do, you don't need the "=TRUE" bit

You're going to have to send screenshots for me to help you more.  I can't work out what type of column you have, it is actually in the view etc

Or do you mean the column is hidden by the formula but the filter view still lets you search for it? 

So the interactive dashboard is filtering by unique records some of my pIe chart views only need to display based on info of each record .

sebaspindu_1-1667235950231.png

The IN expression is assuming the data will be filter so the show if for the pie charts will adjust as we change the filter but is not happenning. 

I was trying t use [_Thisrow] to filter but it says is not supported for this particular case. 

sebaspindu_0-1667240745412.png

Yeah I think I get whats happening.  You can't filter the data using an interactive dashboard.  Since all that is doing it filtering rows, not techically selectting them.  I think you have two choices.  You either need another view in the dashboard where you actually choose the variables, then using a slice, the piecharts update based on your choices.  Or you set it up so that each row has a pie chart and the dashboard shows that chart when you drill down to that record.

Thanks for the reply, I apologize Im not fmailiar wiht the method you mention of choosing a variable and then slice, can you please provide an example.

Top Labels in this Space