Show If based on a field in a different table

Hi All, 

I know that it is possible to reference another table/row but I am not sure if it is capable of being used as strictly show or not show an entry. I have two tables: Data and Error Log, Data is the main table that holds the majority of my App Sheet data, while Error Log only shows when an error occurs. Within both of these tables, they have a field of the same name, Applicant ID. 

I am trying to accomplish, is when an Applicant ID matches in both tables I want the entry in the Error Log view to be hidden/not show.  So far I have changed the column type for the Applicant ID to ref in the Error Log table and tried to dereference but I am not trying to result back. 

Please let me know if this makes sense! 

Solved Solved
0 5 600
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jfong12 wrote:

I want the entry in the Error Log view to be hidden/not show

It sounds like you're using (or need) a slice. The slice's row filter condition should include:

NOT(IN([Applicant ID], Data[Applicant ID])) 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@jfong12 wrote:

I want the entry in the Error Log view to be hidden/not show

It sounds like you're using (or need) a slice. The slice's row filter condition should include:

NOT(IN([Applicant ID], Data[Applicant ID])) 

Yes, I do have a slice and have added your suggest row filter condition. With putting this in, I am still needing to reference the data table from the error log table, correct? 

I don't understand either of the following.

@jfong12 wrote:

I have changed the column type for the Applicant ID to ref in the Error Log table and tried to dereference but I am not trying to result back

@jfong12 wrote:

I am still needing to reference the data table from the error log table, correct?

Sorry for the confusion!

For the Column type - In Data>Columns>Error Log, I changed the Applicant ID column to ref to have a connection to the main section data. I am not sure if I am needing this still with the row filter I added to the error slice. 

The 2nd point was me asking if I am still needing to have a column (Applicant ID) be column type 'ref'.

Disregard the below reply! Your row filter worked and I was having my Error Table displaying the table instead of the error slice! Thanks for the help! 

Top Labels in this Space