Show If column selection based on an enum selection

The Repair segments are in table {Shop Service Form} The Ref is from the {Shop Service} Table Which references from the Truck Table ID, Equipment Type List “Truck”, “Trailer”

EX: ([Id_truck].[Equipment Type],= “Truck”)

Explanation is IF in the truck table, column [Equipment Type]=“Truck” then it needs to sho the “Repair Segment ” Enum for trucks”

([Id_truck].[Equipment Type],= “Trailer”)

Is the same only for “Trailers”

I wrote the expressions above with no errors and it tested ok for Option “Truck” test said True and False when Option “Trailer” was selected.

True when “Trailer” option was selected tested “True” for trailer and “False” for truck

Problem is both options are now hidden regardless Which  Unit is chosen either “”Truck or “Trailer”

Solved Solved
0 5 175
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I believe your expressions are correct so there is likely something else preventing the desired column from showing.

Note that an Enum column on a Form view will NOT show if the choice list is empty. 

I assume from your description you have separate columns to show based on if the Equipment Type is either Truck or Trailer?

Can you show your configuration for the  "Repair Segment" column?

View solution in original post

Yes each time on the “Shop Service Form” The Unit is chosen it then pulls the type from the “Equipment” and the the “Segment”  are chosen for either Truck or Trailer. That way several Segment can be added to one “Shop Service Form”

For Trailer Repair Segment Is a text , 

Data Validity is

Expense Category[Repair Segment_1]

For Tractor Repair Segment is a separate column

Expense Category[Repair Segment]

Found solution

I was ref the wrong table

5 REPLIES 5

How is [Equipement Type] defined?

Also, I am noticing that there is an extra comma in the expressions, I assume that is just a typo and doesn't actually appear in the app?

[Equipment Type] is defined as an ENUM

The extra coma was a typo

I believe your expressions are correct so there is likely something else preventing the desired column from showing.

Note that an Enum column on a Form view will NOT show if the choice list is empty. 

I assume from your description you have separate columns to show based on if the Equipment Type is either Truck or Trailer?

Can you show your configuration for the  "Repair Segment" column?

Yes each time on the “Shop Service Form” The Unit is chosen it then pulls the type from the “Equipment” and the the “Segment”  are chosen for either Truck or Trailer. That way several Segment can be added to one “Shop Service Form”

For Trailer Repair Segment Is a text , 

Data Validity is

Expense Category[Repair Segment_1]

For Tractor Repair Segment is a separate column

Expense Category[Repair Segment]

Found solution

I was ref the wrong table

Top Labels in this Space