Show action button if table is not blank

Good morning community!

Is there a way to check if the table you are on has records on it?

I know how to check if a referenced table isnotblank, but I want to make an overlay action button visible on my table, only if there are records on that table.

How can I do this?

Solved Solved
0 2 85
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You may want to elaborate what kind of overlay action you wish to display, for example add, CSV Import/Export, navigation  or row level data change action( the last will of course display only if there are rows in the table)

In general you should be able to achieve the objective of showing the overlay actions  of non row level type ( navigation/csv import/export) in summary views( table , deck etc) only if there are records in the table with an action condition of 

ISNOTBLANK(Table Name[Key Name])

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

You may want to elaborate what kind of overlay action you wish to display, for example add, CSV Import/Export, navigation  or row level data change action( the last will of course display only if there are rows in the table)

In general you should be able to achieve the objective of showing the overlay actions  of non row level type ( navigation/csv import/export) in summary views( table , deck etc) only if there are records in the table with an action condition of 

ISNOTBLANK(Table Name[Key Name])

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar , I was looking to create an action that would take me to view with the CSV records that I imported, as I had the records hidden from the CSV import table by means of a slice as I am using it in a dashboard view. Your solution worked!

Top Labels in this Space