Show columns or make required based on another table

hello everyone,

I'm looking to create an application that consists of creating an inventory of hardware and the associated characteristics.

My issue is the following :

Depending on the type of material, it is not the same characteristics to write and some are optional.

In addition to the inventory sheet, I made a table with all the characteristics in columns.

lines are the type of material.

I filled in the table by entering 0 for the characteristics to be hidden, 1 for the optional ones and 2 for the obligatory ones.

I can't use this table to display or make my columns mandatory when the user selects the type of material.

Does anyone have a solution ?

Thanks.
Solved Solved
0 4 103
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Merci !

Your Inventory table should reference the Characteristics table either directly or through a Products table. Ideally since these characteristics would be fixed or seldom change for each product, then you don't need a separate table, but you should instead add these columns to the Products table.

Then you can use a simple Dereference Expression in the Show and Required fields of each of these columns in the Inventory table, respectively, such as:

[id_produit].[température] > 0   

and

[id_produit].[température] = 2   

Read these:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Please show the table.

The inventory table :

fabbe69_1-1691156528421.png

The table with the characteristics 

fabbe69_0-1691156417106.png

Merci !

Your Inventory table should reference the Characteristics table either directly or through a Products table. Ideally since these characteristics would be fixed or seldom change for each product, then you don't need a separate table, but you should instead add these columns to the Products table.

Then you can use a simple Dereference Expression in the Show and Required fields of each of these columns in the Inventory table, respectively, such as:

[id_produit].[température] > 0   

and

[id_produit].[température] = 2   

Read these:

Thanks. It works

Top Labels in this Space