Show if at a row level

Hi,

I'd like to set up a card view so that it will only show specific ones.  

I have a card view set up with 7 cards, these direct the users to different aspects of the app. I'd like to user to be able to select which of these cards they'd like to see.

At the moment I can only see how Show If works at a column level, not at a row level.

Is this possible?

All the best

Gavin

Solved Solved
0 1 100
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GavinDJ wrote:

I have a card view set up with 7 cards, these direct the users to different aspects of the app. I'd like to user to be able to select which of these cards they'd like to see.

There could be a few ways. One way is as follows. However the approach will still need the entire Card View of all 7 cards to be still available to users so that they can select/deselect their favorite views.

The below approach is based on the principle explained in the post  I would like to create a Favorites behavior ... - Google Cloud Community

I am just outlining it by tailor making it for your requirement as below

Please

1.  Add a column called say [Like] of Type Enumlist with base type as Email.

2. Set up a row level data change action called say Like that sets the column [Like] with an expression, [Like] + LIST(USEREMAIL())

Condition for this action can be  NOT(IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked]))

3. Set up a row level data change action called say Unlike that sets the column [Like] with an expression, [Like] - LIST(USEREMAIL())

Condition for this action can be  IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked])

4. Include these actions in the Cards View set up to show up in cards.

5.Then you can have another card view called say "My Liked Cards" based on the slice called say "Liked-cards".  This slice can have a filter expression such as IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked])

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@GavinDJ wrote:

There could be a few ways. One way is as follows. However the approach will still need the entire Card View of all 7 cards to be still available to users so that they can select/deselect their favorite views.

The below approach is based on the principle explained in the post  I would like to create a Favorites behavior ... - Google Cloud Community

I am just outlining it by tailor making it for your requirement as below

Please

1.  Add a column called say [Like] of Type Enumlist with base type as Email.

2. Set up a row level data change action called say Like that sets the column [Like] with an expression, [Like] + LIST(USEREMAIL())

Condition for this action can be  NOT(IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked]))

3. Set up a row level data change action called say Unlike that sets the column [Like] with an expression, [Like] - LIST(USEREMAIL())

Condition for this action can be  IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked])

4. Include these actions in the Cards View set up to show up in cards.

5.Then you can have another card view called say "My Liked Cards" based on the slice called say "Liked-cards".  This slice can have a filter expression such as IN(USEREMAIL(), [Liked])

Top Labels in this Space