Show if condition. I have multiple column wi...

Show if condition.

I have multiple column with the same data type Image. If the user input 1st image, then 2nd column will show up while the rest of image columns are hidden. When 3rd column is entered, then 4th blank image column will appears.

We can control this by using showif constrains. However, for instance, when the user input 1st and 2nd entry, the 3rd column is shown up within form view. When the user saves this (without input the 3rd column), i wish to control the detail view so that only 1st and 2nd column show up. For now, 3rd column (no data) is shown within detail view although we have nil data into it. How can we hide the 3rd column on details view ?

0 6 519
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

If the 3rd field is blank, it should not show anything. What do you see on that 3rd field?

Yes, it is strange, it shows 3rd column on detail view. I can share my app.

What is the app name and account ID so I can check the app quickly, if itโ€™s okay?

@Aleksi_Alkio MOSM_Ship_Inspection-539559

is app ID.

When you get into it, please go to โ€œInspectionโ€ and select โ€œEuro Spiritโ€. Then on next detail view, find โ€œpre-meetingโ€ where you can see test data. Two pictures are entered for testing (image and drawing data on Drawing type column) However, you would see the No.3 column on this details view. When we go to edit mode to this view, you will also see NULL data in this 3rd image/drawing field.

The reason for this behaviour is the option โ€œApply show-if constraints universallyโ€. You can find it from UX > Options. If you set it OFF, it will work correctly. Butโ€ฆ it should not work like this when the field is blank. Adding @Adam_Stone_AppSheet

Oh I didnโ€™t know this tips, thank you very much for your usual help!

Top Labels in this Space