Show only one add button for two lists from the same table

We have two tables "Meetings" and "Commitments". Each "Commitment" has a required column "Meeting Made" referencing the meeting in which the commitment was made. The property "Is part of" is checked for the column meeting made. The "Meetings" table has a column "Previous Meeting". For any meeting, we want to display both the commitments made in this meeting, and also to display the commitments from the previous meeting. 

The problem is that both lists are getting the "Add" action. Seeing the two adds is confusing. In addition only one of the adds is displaying the correct behavior for setting the value of meeting made correctly. So I want to fix this issue in the user interface. I see two routes to do that.

The first is hide the add button from one of the tables. I was unable to do that. I tried setting it up so the past meeting commitments is a slice of a read-only table but the button was still there. I can't figure out a way to hide only one of the Adds but not the other.

The second I was thinking was hide both Adds and use a separate action. I can't figure out how to open form view for "Meeting Commitments" from a detailed view of "Meetings". I've had some inconsistent behavior if I create a row using the add a row in another table action and then I try to add to it. Timing issues that make it so I can't find the row. 

Would really appreciate help in figuring out if there is a solution.

Solved Solved
0 5 159
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Could not find a solution to this. Instead found a work around that meets my needs. I created a virtual column with LongText that turns the commitments into a text list. I was able to use this sample app as a model: https://www.appsheet.com/templates/An-app-to-demonstrate-what-a-bulleted-list-from-an-EnumList-looks...

With some slight modifications. I created two text lists for the completed commitments and incomplete commitments and put in the unicode characters for a checkmark and a cross to indicate which of the two lists the commitment belonged to. I also added an if to count the number of entries to not have a leading check/cross.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ali-hussain 

Did you make a new view for your read only slice?

Unfortunately has to be the same view. I'm not viewing it directly. I'm viewing the inline list

[Related Meeting Commitments] <- Want to be able to add more entries to it and [Previous Meeting].[Related Meeting Commitments] <- Want this list to be read-only both in the same view. I tried making [Previous Meeting] from a read-only slice but that did not work. 

Try placing the below expression in 'Behavior > Only if this condition is true' of the annoying add action.

CONTEXT("View") <> "the view's name you need to hide this add action"

Unfortunately they are both being displayed in the same view.

Could not find a solution to this. Instead found a work around that meets my needs. I created a virtual column with LongText that turns the commitments into a text list. I was able to use this sample app as a model: https://www.appsheet.com/templates/An-app-to-demonstrate-what-a-bulleted-list-from-an-EnumList-looks...

With some slight modifications. I created two text lists for the completed commitments and incomplete commitments and put in the unicode characters for a checkmark and a cross to indicate which of the two lists the commitment belonged to. I also added an if to count the number of entries to not have a leading check/cross.

Top Labels in this Space