Show table according to status in the second table

HI,

I have created a Request app of technical repair spares request. The first table is named [REQUEST]. The second table is [ITEMS]. I want to show VIEW of the [REQUEST] table according to the status column which is in the [ITEMS] table. I have created a ref in ITEMS TABLE. The [status] column in ITEMS table contains fields Requested, Approved, Processing and Finished.

If the [STATUS] column in the ITEMS TABLE is “FINIHSED” then it should not show in the REQUEST TABLE VIEW.

CAN you HELP ME

0 8 162
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Is there any solution for the problem

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the help. I understand that by implementing slice i can control the row and column. But my problem is how to give a condition according to the data in next table.

I have two table one is REQUEST and next is ITEM. The show view is i have created of the REQUEST table, but i want the show if the condition in the ITEM table [STATUS] column is NOT “FINISHED”

Which row in the ITEMS table contains the STATUS column value that matters?

The ITEMS TABLE column name is [STATUS]. The status columns contains “Requested”, “Approved”, “Processing” and “Finished”.
I want Show view in the REQUEST TABLE when the condition in the [STATUS] column in the ITEM TABLE IS OTHER than finished (SHOW IF NOT " FINISHED")

I don’t understand what this means.

The app has two table 1. REQUEST 2. ITEMS. The ITEM table has ref for the REQUEST table.
I want to show all the request in the REQUEST TABLE depending on the [STATUS] Column in the items table. If the Items are finished then it should not be shown. The [STATUS] column has variables “requested”, “approved”, “processing”, “finished”

For any given row in the REQUEST table, the following expression will produce TRUE if the REQUEST row has at least one related ITEMS row with a STATUS column value that is not finished:

ISNOTBLANK(
  SELECT(
    [Related Items][_ROWNUMBER],
    ([STATUS] <> "finished")
  )
)

You could use this expression as the row filter expression for a slice of the REQUEST table to produce a list of REQUEST rows that are not finished.

Top Labels in this Space