Show table according to status in the second table

HI,

I have created a Request app of technical repair spares request. The first table is named [REQUEST]. The second table is [ITEMS]. I want to show VIEW of the [REQUEST] table according to the status column which is in the [ITEMS] table. I have created a ref in ITEMS TABLE. The [status] column in ITEMS table contains fields Requested, Approved, Processing and Finished.

If the [STATUS] column in the ITEMS TABLE is โ€œFINIHSEDโ€ then it should not show in the REQUEST TABLE VIEW.

CAN you HELP ME

0 8 161
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Is there any solution for the problem

Dear Steve,

Thank you for the help. I understand that by implementing slice i can control the row and column. But my problem is how to give a condition according to the data in next table.

I have two table one is REQUEST and next is ITEM. The show view is i have created of the REQUEST table, but i want the show if the condition in the ITEM table [STATUS] column is NOT โ€œFINISHEDโ€

Which row in the ITEMS table contains the STATUS column value that matters?

The ITEMS TABLE column name is [STATUS]. The status columns contains โ€œRequestedโ€, โ€œApprovedโ€, โ€œProcessingโ€ and โ€œFinishedโ€.
I want Show view in the REQUEST TABLE when the condition in the [STATUS] column in the ITEM TABLE IS OTHER than finished (SHOW IF NOT " FINISHED")

I donโ€™t understand what this means.

The app has two table 1. REQUEST 2. ITEMS. The ITEM table has ref for the REQUEST table.
I want to show all the request in the REQUEST TABLE depending on the [STATUS] Column in the items table. If the Items are finished then it should not be shown. The [STATUS] column has variables โ€œrequestedโ€, โ€œapprovedโ€, โ€œprocessingโ€, โ€œfinishedโ€

For any given row in the REQUEST table, the following expression will produce TRUE if the REQUEST row has at least one related ITEMS row with a STATUS column value that is not finished:

ISNOTBLANK(
  SELECT(
    [Related Items][_ROWNUMBER],
    ([STATUS] <> "finished")
  )
)

You could use this expression as the row filter expression for a slice of the REQUEST table to produce a list of REQUEST rows that are not finished.

Top Labels in this Space