Show the header as a data

It happens in all UX views (Deck, Card, Table,โ€ฆ)

When I havenยดt any data, it show me the view with the headers.
When I create the first data, it disappears.

I try to change. UX / Options / Show headers and It doesnยดt work.
I try to change. UX /Options/ Apply show-if constraints universally and it doesnยดt work.

Any idea??? Thank you.

Solved Solved
1 29 1,215
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Luiso_Ferrandiz_Ruiz @nickrobinson
This issue should now be fixed, apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you for reporting this issue and please follow up if the problem persists.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post screenshots showing the headers displayed and not displayed.

Show you the spreadsheet

Thank you for your help.

No show headers

Show headers

3X_a_1_a1477c2ecb305154ab0ca41ad0088030cfe26156.png

But Deck view options does not exist.
Orโ€ฆ I missed.

It think it is not a view problem

Here it is the spreadsheet (by google)

Ah! My guess is that some recent changes to table views have removed the option to hide headers, despite the availability of the configuration option.

@Arthur_Rallu, can you speak to this?

True! The option exists only for table views.

I have created a new table and I have the same error
It may be a version error.
In the previous version I had no problem.

Can I force the system to use an old version?

CHECKED,
THERE IS A BUG IN THE NEW VERSION

I have created a new spreadsheet, only with two column id and test
3X_4_0_40b3726cac89b1f49749b28820965d5c17ec9d87.png

I have generated the app
3X_6_e_6e5881fd6ec632a9dcf611325d0fdefc2257499b.png

Repeat the header as if it were data.

The header row should be in bold. Do that, the regenerate the column structure in the app editor.

See also:

As soon as you enter data, it disappears
3X_7_8_78a87ad83ada7dec89eb74930c9b32ed78a8dca1.png

No changes.

I created a new app with a new spredsheet (with headers in bold) and no changes.

3X_4_1_41f5c496d289f7977cd0c7c746e287a5df3afc60.png
3X_b_f_bf24595e2a404ab3159d1b125ce4ee2aa63508a2.png

I am testing to create a slice with a filter
[TEST]<>โ€œTESTโ€

Can be a solution?

The app screenshot shows a card view displaying one row. The spreadsheet screenshot shows a table with no rows. The two screenshots do not appear to be related.

True, but the app is reading this spreedsheeet.
I donยดt know how to change it.

I havenยดt any data in the spreedsheet, as soon as I have one row with data the bug dissapears. But if I havenยดt any data the app show the headers as a data.

I could not reproduce this issue.
How did you create the app?

The goal of the app is to create a โ€œvirtual boardโ€ In sailing event.
So, I need to clear all the datas to use in a new event.
The bug only appers if in the spreedsheet you havenยดt data (so only headers)

I donยดt know if I answer you question.
Thanks.

Thanks.
I wasnโ€™t able to reproduce that.
Hereโ€™s what I did:

• I created a Google Sheet with headers on the first row and records in rows 2-10
  • In Sheets, I clicked on Tools > AppSheet > Create an app
  • This took me to the AppSheet editor for the newly created AppSheet app
  • I see in the emulator that my app has the records from rows 2-10 from the Sheet.
  • I go back to the Sheet and delete rows 2-10 (in my case I selected the entire rows, right-clicked and selected โ€œDelete rows 2-10โ€; I did not simply select the cells from these rows and press the delete button on the keyboard)
  • I go back to the editor, resync the app in the emulator and I get an empty view with no record as expected

Iโ€™d recommend you see if you have the same issue with this process and let us know how that goes.
You could also tell us (if you remember) the steps that led you to that app.

I am having the same issue.

My app has also started to show the header row as a row in my apps on blank spreadsheets. It only started doing it last week and I didnโ€™t change any settings before it happened.

I have my header row frozen and bolded as well.

The point that it is different (compare with Arthur post)

After create the spreedsheet (following the Steve recomentations). I save the spreedsheet and I create the app clicking in โ€œMake me new appโ€ in appsheet.com

All the others points are equal.

@Luiso_Ferrandiz_Ruiz @nickrobinson
This issue should now be fixed, apologies for the inconvenience.
Thank you for reporting this issue and please follow up if the problem persists.

Thank you!

Solve.
Thank you!

Hi Appsheet Team,

This issue come back again, please help to check. Thanks.

There is no data in my spreadsheet, but it will show header as the data in the apps.

@schin thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you provide slightly more detail so we can help fix this issue?

Specifically, what is the format of your spreadsheet (e.g. what are the contents of your first few rows)? Is it reproducible (e.g. if you make a new table from this spreadsheet does this occur)?

Hi Brian,

FYI, Iโ€™m using the google spreadsheet and there is no content in the first few rows. Data type in the table consists of Email, Text, LongText, Number, Date, File, Image, Enum, Address, Phone and Name. I couldnโ€™t reproduce it now.
It happens when I delete the rows in the spreadsheet directly. And I somehow found a workaround to it by inputting some data in the second row (Row after the header), and deleted the data in the cell instead of deleting the whole row.

Thanks.

wabrian Brian Walker AppSheet Team
September 24

@schin thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you provide slightly more detail so we can help fix this issue?

Specifically, what is the format of your spreadsheet (e.g. what are the contents of your first few rows)? Is it reproducible (e.g. if you make a new table from this spreadsheet does this occur)?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

NOTICE

If you are not the authorized recipient of this e-mail, please contact GD Express Sdn Bhd (Company No : 347624-X) immediately by return e-mail or by telephone on 03-77872222. In this case, you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and the copyright of the material belongs or licensed to GD Express Sdn Bhd or third parties. You should only re-transmit, distribute or commercialize the material if you are authorized to do so.

Attachments to this e-mail may contain software viruses that could damage your computer system. Whilst we take reasonable precautions to minimize this risk, we do not accept liability for any damage which may result from software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening these attachments.

Please note that errors can occur in electronically transmitted materials. We do not accept liability for any such errors. If verification is required please ask for a hard copy.

No Gift Policy

The GDEX Group is committed to applying the highest standards of ethical conduct, integrity and accountability in all our business activities and operations in compliance with anti-bribery and related laws and ISO 37001:2016 Anti-Bribery Management System (ABMS) that are applicable to the organization. In line with the commitment, GDEX has adopted a No Gift Policy together with other key anti-bribery and corruption policies on 21 May 2020. Such initiatives are also in compliance with the amendment of Bursa Malaysia Listing Requirement and Section 17A of the MACC Act 2009 (Amendment 2018) which came into force on 1 June 2020. The No Gift Policy has been uploaded to the GDEX website for your reference. We thank you for your support and understanding in complementing our effort to conduct business with the highest standards of ethics.

This notice should not be removed.

@schin Thank you for the info. I played around with deleting rows and was unable to reproduce either.
If you continue to experience issues or are able to reproduce, please follow up and I would be happy to assist.

Top Labels in this Space