Showing columns conditionally when switching from Detail to Edit view - desktop mode

Hi,

Detail view is set to Card Layout in Desktop mode (Preview).

David_H1_3-1674919166856.pngIn Desktop mode (Preview) I would like to show some columns only when EDITING (in Form) and then hide them from Detail view.  In mobile view it works, but when running in Desktop Mode (Preview) I cannot set this. Is there a workaround? 

1. Show in Form View (Desktop mode Preview):

David_H1_1-1674919088939.png

2. but hide this record in detail view (Card Layout):

David_H1_2-1674919125887.png

Thank you in advance for your help.

Solved Solved
0 3 110
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SkrOYC_1-1674924848681.pngGot to Actions. There is a system created action called Edit for each Table. Select the one that's associated with the dataset you are working with and change the setting to "Open a Form":

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SkrOYC_1-1674924848681.pngGot to Actions. There is a system created action called Edit for each Table. Select the one that's associated with the dataset you are working with and change the setting to "Open a Form":

Sir, this is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you so much!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Desktop View is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users

Top Labels in this Space