Showing data within Form View

I have a form for entering data, in which I need to be able to display historical pricing information within the form to allow the person to review previous pricing for that particular customer and the selected product. I was hoping I could achieve this via dashboard view, but I understand itโ€™s not possible. Any suggestions?

0 10 479
10 REPLIES 10

@James_Fussell1
You can create a virtual column with a SELECT expression and show it in your form:

SELECT(
	Tablename[PricingColumn],
	AND(
		[CustomerName]=[_THISROW].[Customer],
		[Product]=[_THISROW].[Product]
	)
)

Continuing from Leventโ€™s idea:

If you make a slice of the table in question, you can rearrange the columns.

If you move the virtual column from the bottom to where ever you need to see it (earlier in the form), this gives you the ability to put the list of relevant info where itโ€™s needed - otherwise the user must scroll to the bottom to view the data.

Hereโ€™s a screenshot of a similar setup I made for an invoicing form: I wanted to be able to see all the associated logs with the project Iโ€™m invoicing WHILE Iโ€™m creating my invoice. I created a slice to hold โ€œBuilding Invoicesโ€ and rearranged things to make the flow easier.
2X_a_a86752c1e97c80b90e8f41c36afca8c9abd356d5.gif

Thanks for this. Both are what I have tried already, and I get a list of prices separated by commas. I was hoping to have more of a Ref style Inline view with columns, so I can see dates, prices and other details. I have also tried a normal reference expression, but it didnโ€™t produce any result. I wasnโ€™t sure whether this was because I was trying to reference the table that I was adding a row to. Any suggestions?

Hi @James_Fussell1,

Based on your input in the latest post, please explore if following approach helps.

You may wish to create a VC in the same table with expression such as

SELECT(Table Name [Key Column],AND([Customer]=[_THISROW].[Customer], [Product]=[_THISROW].[Product]))

Please have this column type as List type and element type as reference This column will now work as inline reference to show the desired data. Please refer to the image below.

The display name for the related column has expression of CONCATENATE("Earlier Price Points for ",[Product], " for the customer ", [Customer])

Hope this helps.

@James_Fussell1 you should follow this, create the column as a VC, not a real column.

If you tried this method and got a comma seaprated list of values, thatโ€™s what would happen with a physical column - however when you do the same thing with a VC, appsheet will make an inline view so you can see the related records.

That all works great. Thanks. The next thing is I need a new inline view for this so I can change the data sort by, column order etc. If I create a new table view, how do I specify that this particular view shows in my form?

Hi @James_Fussell1,
Please create a Table ( or Deck if you wish to have deck view as inline view) view on the same table and please mark this view with position as "ref"in view settings. You can then set the sort , column order etc. in this view.

This view will reflect as inline view in your form.

The slice is the right route to go, then you can launch into the form for this slice using a LINKTOFORM() action.

2X_6_66cff11e50233046a00b0d93b0a34332ca349a08.png

Understood. The issue is I have another Ref position view for this, so I need to be able to select the correct one. The only thought I had was to create a slice, but I was hoping for something a bit cleaner.

That all works great. Thanks for your help guys.

Top Labels in this Space