Showing fields when entry is opened to edit

Hi all. 

I'm new to Appsheet, I have watched multiple videos and some Udemy courses, but couldn't find any info on how to achieve this.

I'm creating an app which serves as communication tracking table - we receive tools for repairs and we send them to official repair shops. Our job is to communicate between two parties and track everything. For now I use plain excel spreadsheet to track it all, but I want to use appsheet as it makes everything easier to use and track.

My table has 18 columns. What I want to do is this:

1. Main view should have only 6 columns visible (to avoid clutter on default screen but still have sufficient info on glance)

2. When I click any of the entries to edit them, all columns should be visible - both to edit and view data

I tried several approaches, but I'm not sure how to do this. Do I create several views to do it? How do I then connect those so each entry opens it's detailed view? Or there is some other way?

I'm guessing hiding/showing columns coupled with formulas would solve this, but at the moment I'm quite lost ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 2 39
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you taking advantage of the 'Column Order' setting? This will allow you to limit which columns show in the view also.

Markus_Malessa_0-1709566359513.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Are you taking advantage of the 'Column Order' setting? This will allow you to limit which columns show in the view also.

Markus_Malessa_0-1709566359513.png

This worked! Thank you very much.

I had problem with that along with correctly setting up action to open form to fill out new entry, but with your help I managed to solve both problems ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space