Showing text in concatenate function between columns

Suppose if I have a function 

CONCATENATE([NAME], ", ", [PHONE], " | ", [ALTERNATE PHONE]} )

this combines the Name, Phone Number and Alternate Phone Number column and A separator is used between phone and and alternate phone number. 

I want the separator to appear only when the alternate number is filled, as it is filled once every 5-6 entries.

What can I do to achieve this? Is is even possible?

Solved Solved
0 7 267
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CONCATENATE([NAME]," , ",[Phone],IF(ISNOTBLANK([ALTERNATE PHONE])," | "&[ALTERNATE PHONE],""))

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CONCATENATE([NAME]," , ",[Phone],IF(ISNOTBLANK([ALTERNATE PHONE])," | "&[ALTERNATE PHONE],""))

@rvservicecenter Better post such question in Q&A instead of Tips & Tricks

My bad! i Didn't realise that 

Thank you @dbaum I missed this post of yours. 

np. Probably overkill for this this thread's original question, for which your solution was perfect. I only added as an additional technique that could be applied here, as well as in more complicated scenarios.

Yes. Its a brilliant technique ๐Ÿ‘ which can be applied in complicated scenarios. Is it further possible to list items with serial number as pre-fix. Like

1. Orange

2. Red

3. Yellow

I had a requirement as above and what i did was a fixed list of 10 items with condition to show only if each index is not blank. However if more than 10 items are there in list then it's omitted. Is there a better method for this which does not limit the number of items in the list. 

Top Labels in this Space