Sign in authenticator

Mike_T

Authentication issue using Apple’s icloud email accounts. Users are being denied access because it appears Apple aliases email addresses using a XXXXXX@privaterelay.appleid.com address. My app doesn’t appear in the Settings>[Name]>iCloud list of apps to authorize or turn off private relay.

Anyone else have experience with this and a better work around than telling the user to use a different email address?

For now I’m authorizing XXXXXX@privaterelay.appleid.com account in appsheet. However, I am at Apple’s whim when they decide to change this alias. I think it will happen every time there is an iOS update.

Thoughts?

2 2 183
2 REPLIES 2

I’m sorry but I don’t know if there is a better way since this is more an Apple problem than an AppSheet one.
BTW, I never tell the user to use a different email, I ask them to do it because I’m the one managing the app and how it works.
In other words, why your users need Apple authentication in the first place?

I encountered this problem today--so apparently it hasn't changed with every iOS release. I experienced the same issue not just on iOS but also when I authenticated via Apple in a web browser on a Windows PC.

Top Labels in this Space