Sign in table has EOCTbl and CallerName field...

Sign in table has EOCTbl and CallerName fields.

Evac Record table has same fields and uses valid if expressions:

dbo.CallerSignIn[EOCTbl] dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language]

These work great.

But now I want to only display the caller names of those that have signed in but not signed out.

Using timestamps for both in and out fields.

How would I do this?

Is it a select expression in valid if

or does valid if remain as above and i use a select expression in the app formula?

0 11 338
11 REPLIES 11

You would need to use Valid_If with the SELECT so you can choose the value. You would need something like SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language],AND([SignedIn]=TRUE,[SignedOut]=FALSE))

Do I need to have the select statement in both the table field and caller name field?

Sorry for the delay.

I just emailed you.

Thank you.

I tried this:

=SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language],AND([SignInTimestamp]=TRUE,[SignOutTimestamp]=FALSE))

and the expression verified but when I tested it I now only see the table field, the caller name field wonโ€™t display in the form.

Wellโ€ฆ difficult to know. Probably no.

@Aleksi_Alkio

this expression seems to work with regard to only showing the employees currently signed in:

=SELECT(dbo.CallerSignIn[Caller Name and Language], AND(ISNOTBLANK([SignInTimestamp]), ISBLANK([SignOutTimestamp])))

But itโ€™s showing me all of them not just the names per table.

so the dependency seems lost somehow.

Any idea how I fix this?

You probably need to add [EOCTbl]=[_THISROW].[EOCTbl] or something like that into the AND expression.

Well thank you but Iโ€™m gonna give up on this for now.

I either get all names or no names.

I even tried to create a slice and refer to that as the table.

just canโ€™t figure out how to get it to select the signed in names but also filter by table.

I did add what you put above and while I didnโ€™t get any errors it didnโ€™t work either.

Donโ€™t give up yet :-). What is the account ID, app/table/column names so I can check the reason from the app. Otherwise itโ€™s difficult to give correct advice because you donโ€™t know the table structure.

Do you have an email I can send that info to?

Top Labels in this Space