Signatures across multiple apps

I have multiple apps where students fill out tasks for various courses as they complete them and some require signatures from staff. I am attempting to make an app that will house all the data collected in the student apps for the faculty to view easier than the Google Sheet so they can grade for completion.

My issue is when I put in the response tables from the student apps, the signature image does not appear in the faculty viewing app. Is there a particular code to use in order to make this work? Each entry would have a different image/signature.

0 5 944
5 REPLIES 5

Derek3

Hi @Kayleigh_Seeley, thanks for reaching out! The files associated with the signatures are stored in a folder within the account used to create the app (e.g. Google, Smartsheet, etcโ€ฆ). AppSheet automatically creates this folder when you add your first row that includes a signature. By default, the folder that holds your signature image files is called โ€œ[table name]_Imagesโ€ and is located in the same folder that contains the associated table.

When you create a new Faculty app and add an existing table from your Student app, AppSheet will automatically look in the โ€œ[table name]_Imagesโ€ folder for the existing table. The signature images will automatically be visible in your Faculty app that is using the existing table.

If you made changes to the default file locations in the Student app, there is a chance this could affect the automatic connection. If you send me the name plus ID number for your Faculty and Student apps, Iโ€™d be happy to take a look and see if this is the case. You can get the name plus ID number by copying the full url from the browser while you are viewing the app in the AppSheet editor.

Thanks!
Derek

Hi @Derek, I have not moved any of the Google sheets from the default folder; therefore, if appsheets did create something in the same folder it should be there. Upon checking my apps, it appears that what you said is true for all but one of the student apps. So the signatures are appearing in the faculty app for 2 of the 3 student apps that require signatures for items. If you can help me find out why the other app is not displaying the signatures, I would appreciate it!

The student app with the issue is the following URL:
https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=IMEDTasks-756369&quickStart=False#UX.Views

And here is the faculty app:
https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=OverviewPassport-756369&quickStart=False#UX.Views

Not every encounter in the student app requires a signature - just the Admission Orders and H&Ps.

Thanks!
Kayleigh

@Kayleigh_Seeley- In the faculty app, the Physician Signature column has Type=Show. Try updating the Type to Signature and see if the signatures show up.

To troubleshoot, I started by checking the table to make sure the data exists. The steps I used for that are:

• Go to the Data>Tables tab
  • Click 'View Data" and scroll down to to a row where I expected to see a signature.

Outcome:

• I noticed the signature column had a pathname to the file, but didnโ€™t display the signature as I expected. AppSheet will automatically display the signature image if the data type is set to signature. This made me curious if the data type was set correctly.

Next Step:

• Checked the column type for the signature column and saw it set to Show.

Hope this helps!
Derek

@Derek,

I switched the column type from show to signature and that fixed it!

Thank you so much!

Woohoo! Youโ€™re welcome!

Top Labels in this Space