Signatures in PDF attachment workflow I am t...

Signatures in PDF attachment workflow

I am trying to make a sign-off sheet with AppSheet that emails me a PDF of the completed sign-off sheet with everyoneโ€™s electronic signature.

Iโ€™m having issues with signatures now showing up correctly in a PDF email workflow. I reference the signature column in the Google Docs template, but the signatures show up more like a link than an actual image (Picture attached).

I read that you can use Other Attachments for signatures but I would like signatures to be in the document.

Does someone know how I could fix this?

1 16 2,278
16 REPLIES 16

Thatโ€™s odd. Are you sure the column type for the signature is Signature and not URL?

Is it possible to show the link what it is?

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi Aleksi

why does my signature it appears on the PDF template of workflow shows a link onlyโ€ฆ on my previous usage of my apps it appears an image of signatureโ€ฆ lately it shows a linkโ€ฆ but not all the timeโ€ฆ pls help me on this

Other app creators have reported similar behavior. This is probably a bug in AppSheet. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

@praveen I checked and the column type is set to Signature not URL. The Signature populates in google sheet as โ€œSignatures_Images/07-02-2018 16-12-56.Signature of Awareness.091312.pngโ€

@Aleksi_Alkio This is the weirder part, when I click on the link, it opens up a new tab with the title โ€œfsimage.pngโ€ and the whole page is dark, with the signature barely visible in the center.

In your original post you mentioned it showing a link instead of image itself. What was the link? Andโ€ฆ if you open the image from Drive, is it normal signature image?

In the original picture of the issue, you can see a dotted gray box in the signature column. That is a a clickable link that will take you to the

new tab with the title โ€œfsimage.pngโ€. If I open the image from Drive it is a normal PNG file that has the signature with a transparent background. I did however move the file location, but it looks like it is still referencing and saving it in the new location. @Aleksi_Alkio

When you moved the image location, itโ€™s probably reading the image from the cache. If you have moved the image from the original folder, you should change the file name(s) as well. Otherwise the app wonโ€™t find it.

Are you seeing this behvior with all of your images or is it just this one? What happens if you try to add a new signature into this record?

@Aleksi_Alkio Hello, This morning when I tried to add a new signature, what it did was create a new folder instead of saving in the moved folder. I tried to move the folder and it worked initially and then resulted in the same issue. I then went into the โ€œFolderLocationโ€ and pointed it to the moved location, and it seems to be working fine now that I told it where the folder was located.

In my experience, it would be more convenient to have the default Images/signatures/files folders to be saved in the AppSheet folder in Google Drive (appsheet/data/โ€œapp nameโ€), and not in My Drive. This is why I moved it in the first place and had the issue.

From what I saw the root cause is this issue, was that I moved the folder to a different location. Once I wrote the FolderLocation the issue seemed to go away.

Thanks for your help!

The app will save those images etc. depending where your gSheet is. If itโ€™s in your root folder, it will do that. If you move the gSheet into your Appsheet/Data/Appname/ it will work as you described.

@Aleksi_Alkio That is great to know! Thank you for clearing that up!

Hello, I have a problem to show the signature in the creation of a pdf through a template of google docs.
In this template there are several tables shown, the specific case of the signature is obtained with the command โ€œ<< SELECT (table1[signature_field], [table1_id] = [relation]) >>โ€ and on the final pdf it shows table1::table1_Images/signature.png insted of the image of the signature.
Any solution?
Thanks.

Try instead:

<<ANY(SELECT(table1[signature_field], [table1_id] = [relation]))>>

See also:

Perfect. Solved. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space