Slice not applying to chart view

Hi,

I have a chart view with a slice. I can't seem to filter out rows with the slice.

I've noticed this on other chart views unless I'm getting something wrong. 

OR(NOT([Complete Order Total Inc VAT]="0.00"),NOT([Actual Payment Type (Driver)]="Swap"),NOT([Delivery area overide]="Brewery Collection"),NOT([Delivery Area]="Brewery Collection"),NOT([Intended Payment Type]="Swap"))

0 14 271
14 REPLIES 14

Mmmm... I recommend you change this NOT expression. Remove it and use something like:

OR([Complete Order Total Inc VAT]<>"0.00",[Actual Payment Type (Driver)]<>"Swap",[Delivery area overide]<>"Brewery Collection",[Delivery Area]<>"Brewery Collection",[Intended Payment Type]<>"Swap")

Still the same result which is frustrating

If you could state your requirement in plain English, someone could probably help to come up with an expression. Sometimes , the use of OR(),   and AND() with NOT() etc. could be confusing to get the desired results. 

Hi,

I'm trying to remove rows that have the following attributes

ANY of these statements is true: ....

1: (The value of column 'Complete Order Total Inc Vat') is not equal to (0) ....

2: (The value of column 'Actual Payment Type (driver)') is not equal to ("Swap") ....

3: (The value of column 'Delivery Area Overide') is not equal to ("Brewery Collection") ....

4: (The value of column 'Delivery Area') is not equal to ("Brewery Collection") ....

5: (The value of column 'Intended Payment Type') is not equal to ("Swap")

If i use the expression of just [Complete Order Total Inc VAT]<>0 then it works but all together it doesn't

please see screenshotsScreenshot (117).pngScreenshot (118).png

@Phil_Waite wrote:

I'm trying to remove rows that have the following attributes

You wish to remove the rows with those attributes means you wish to retain  or filter in the rows without those attributes. The slice expression filters in the rows with the selected expression

So maybe you wish to try the below expression

AND([Complete Order Total Inc VAT] ="0.00",[Actual Payment Type (Driver)] = "Swap",[Delivery area overide] ="Brewery Collection",[Delivery Area]<= "Brewery Collection",[Intended Payment Type]= "Swap")

Hi,

Would that not need (NOT( to remove them.

I don't want rows where 

([Complete Order Total Inc VAT] ="0.00"

[Actual Payment Type (Driver)] = "Swap"

[Delivery area overide] ="Brewery Collection"

[Delivery Area]<= "Brewery Collection"

[Intended Payment Type]= "Swap")

Okay,  could you try

NOT( OR( [Complete Order Total Inc VAT] ="0.00"

[Actual Payment Type (Driver)] = "Swap"

[Delivery area overide] ="Brewery Collection"

[Delivery Area] = "Brewery Collection"

[Intended Payment Type]= "Swap"))

I think that is what I started with.

OR(NOT([Complete Order Total Inc VAT]="0.00"),NOT([Actual Payment Type (Driver)]="Swap"),NOT([Delivery area overide]="Brewery Collection"),NOT([Delivery Area]="Brewery Collection"),NOT([Intended Payment Type]="Swap"))

Yes, you are correct.  It is another variation of what you started with

Perhaps you could try 

AND([Complete Order Total Inc VAT]<>"0.00",[Actual Payment Type (Driver)]<>"Swap",[Delivery area overide]<>"Brewery Collection",[Delivery Area]<>"Brewery Collection",[Intended Payment Type]<>"Swap")

are they all in the same table?

Yes same table

The NOT and Or was the wrong way round

this works compared to the one in my original post

NOT( OR( [Complete Order Total Inc VAT] =0,

[Actual Payment Type (Driver)] = "Swap",

[Delivery area overide]="Brewery Collection",

[Delivery Area]="Brewery Collection",

[Intended Payment Type]="Swap"))

Okay, thank you for the update. Good to know one suggested combination works.

Thank you everyone!

You are welcome. Such confirmations will help anyone reading the thread and to members like us.  Many like us are volunteering in the community just for being useful to someone's platform queries and for the love of the AppSheet platform. It definitely feels good when a confirmation is there that the contribution is useful after spending some time on another member's issue/ query.

Thank you for the update and all the best.

Top Labels in this Space