Slice not showing rows where result is true

I'm trying to create a Slice from a Company table where the "current user" is "Contact Owner" of one of the listed contacts under the Company. I've got a Formula which shows a proper Y/N value for each company but when viewing the Slice Data it remains Empty, I can't figure out  what I'm doing wrong and have been struggling for days to get this right. My data tables relate as follows: 

Table: Contacts

PK: Email (Type Email)
FK: Company (Type Text)
FK: Contact Owner (Type Email)

Table: Companies

PK: ID (Type Text)
RL: Related Contacts (Type List)

And the formula i've whipped up to attempt to create the company slice is as follows:

IN( USEREMAIL(),
SELECT(Contacts[Contact Owner],
ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT(REF_ROWS(Contacts, Company), " , "),
SPLIT(SELECT(Employees[Related Contacts], [Email] = UserEmail()), " , "))), TRUE))

Your Help would be much appreciated. 

Solved Solved
0 5 151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the [Clients] is a virtual Ref list to your "Clients" slice, you can still use IN(USEREMAIL(),[Clients][Contact Owner])

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try something like IN(USEREMAIL(),[Related Contacts][Email])

Hi Aleksi,

Thanks for your quick response. I just realised i made a mistake in my Table refferences. 
My tables are as follows:

Table Parent: Contacts
Table Slice: Clients
PK: Email
FK: Company
FK: Contact Owner

Table Parent: Contacts
Table Slice: Employees
PK: Email
RL: Related Clients

Table: Company
PK: ID
RL: Clients

This makes the formula like this: 
IN( USEREMAIL(),
SELECT(Clients[Contact Owner],
ISNOTBLANK(INTERSECT(SPLIT(REF_ROWS(Clients, Company), " , "),
SPLIT(SELECT(Employees[Related Clients], [Email] = UserEmail()), " , "))), TRUE))

Now when previewing the data of the slice it shows me the companies where i am responsible so it appears to work. But when i'm creating a list view related to the slice it remains empty.
I'm probably over complicating my formula and thinking it might be more practicle to create a virtual column list with (unique) contact owners related to the companies client list but had no luck there so far as well.

If the [Clients] is a virtual Ref list to your "Clients" slice, you can still use IN(USEREMAIL(),[Clients][Contact Owner])

Thanks!

This solved my issue.
I guess I need to familiarise myself with when to apply a period between the variables and when not.

Kind regards,
Ruud

You can only use the formula without the dot when you have a VC ref list. It's meant to read the column from a child table.

Top Labels in this Space