Slice/partition

Ami
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Hello
I have an inspection app for multiple sites.
For each site there are 5 fields that are the same accross all sites, and then there are fields that are per each site. So lets say that the same fields are: ID, SITE NAME, SITE ADDRESS, SITE CITY, SITE MANAGER. now, for site number 1 i have a field called: ENGINEER ONSITE, and for site number 2 i have a field called: MAINTENACE ON SITE. How do i go about and allow my user when selecting the site name to get the relevant field names without creating a slice for each site as i have nearly 300 sites. I want to have a table with checkboxes to determine which fields to show per site.

0 11 371
11 REPLIES 11

You could do that with another table where you would need at least two columns, Site name and Enumlist of field names that you are able to hide. Then you can read the condition for the Show? option when the Site name is read.

I didnโ€™t get your idea exactly, would appreciate if you could expend your idea.
Many thanks

Lets say i have a table with site name, what should the other column be?

Do you have a separate table for Site names or do you have only one table in your app?

I have one table to colect data for all sites, meaning, i have all fields possible relevant to all sites. Another table is for sites data ( name, address, manager etc). If i understand you correct, i need another table that specifies which special fields there should be for each site?

Perhaps i could use security filters in a way? Meaning that each site will have set columns visible as if each site is a user?

Security filter wonโ€™t work because it filters data row by row, not columns. Add an EnumList column to your Sites data table. When a new Site is added, you choose which columns should be hidden. When that is done, you can use that for another table where your users add data.

I did it a bit different but it worked, thanks very much

Excellent!

Well, i tried first the enum list but couldnโ€™t find the correct expression in the show if. So in my sites table i named my fields and entered true or false for each site. Then in the form view where i ref to the sites table, wrote in the show if:
[Site Name].[field name]=TRUE for each field. Works great.

Btw. . for other community users it would nice if you could explain how you did it.

Top Labels in this Space