Sliced data contains some rows not existing in source table

hello there, hope you are doing good. I have a slice that works well for most of the output but i cannot figure out why it returns 2 kind of unexpected rows.
one row (that fits the row filter condition) is doubled, meaning that it appears twice in the slice data.
the other row does not fit the row filter condition, but still it is shown.
filter condition is a simple one: column A=โ€œYโ€
iโ€™ve regenerated many times the source table structure (since column A can change values) but still these 2 problems stay there.
iโ€™ve created a new slice (with same condition as before), still the 2 unexpected rows in the related UX and also in view slice data.
any clue from your side? thanks!

0 7 288
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @Roberta_Zola. Are you using any kind of expression?

hello Henriquez, just using the row filter condition (see my reply to @Steve ).
i donโ€™t use expressions in appsheet but i have different formulas set in the source google spreadsheet.
probably the issue is not on slice but on source table that has lost the sync with my original google spreadsheet.
see screenshot of source table (as per appsheet) while my google file does not longer have this row.

Most of those odd behavior is coming from spreadsheet expression which is not recommended to use in general when we use the sheet as source to Appsheet App.
I suggeste you remove the expression within spreadsheet as much as possible (ideally no spreadsheet formula) and do the same calculation within APP by appsheet expressions.

Got it, thanks. I will try to rebuild the app.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How are you viewing the contents of the slice?

Please post a screenshot demonstrating the doubled row.

Please post a screenshot of the complete row filter expression.

hi Steve, first line is the one that has no longer the โ€œYโ€ condition in my source table

last 2 lines are the double
here is the screen shot

thatโ€™s the row filter expression
where column [wish to sell] is set as TEXT

Top Labels in this Space