Slices & Detail/Form View

I have noticed something strange as of late in regards to slices. Before when I created non read only slices it would automatically create a detail and form view of that slice. However, recently (including today) when I create slices it is no longer automatically creating these views. Has something changed? Or is this a bug? Thank you.

1 4 1,037
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

System views are created when they are needed.
For example, there isnโ€™t going to be an Inline view if there are no โ€œRelated Somethingโ€ columns for that Table.
Itโ€™s not just Slices that work this way, Tables do the same thing.
Anyway, I would encourage you to create your own views since, from my experience, system created ones just end up hindering with my workflows

@SkrOYC and @Steve Thank you for the clarity and guidance. Cheers.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™ve noticed that the system is selective about automatically creating views. It appears to meโ€ฆ

• A table will always get a detail view.

• A slice will get a detail view if the slice is used by a view, or if the slice is the target of a Ref-type column.

• A table or slice that is not read-only and that merits a system-generated detail view will also get a form view.

• A table or slice that is the target of a Ref-type column will get an inline view.

• A read-only table or slice must not have a form view at all. A form view for a read-only table or slice will produce an error that will prevent the app from running.

Iโ€™m not sure the above is entirely accurate, but itโ€™s what Iโ€™ve come to mostly expect.

Constructed deep link to filtered view  could be a viable option right now. As, @Steve @SkrOYC  had mentioned the limitations, I solved my problem by using LINKTOFILTERVIEW(). 

Top Labels in this Space