Slicing google calendar into appsheet to seperate users

Hey everyone

Does anyone know the formula and how to make a slice to seperate users on the calendar function.

I have field workers and I want to use the calendar to schedule where they need to be BUT i dont want them seeing where everyone else is scheduled to be. Otherwise, the calendar will be full of junk not relevant to them. I just want them to see what is relevant to them

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

John

Solved Solved
0 10 316
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A GCal table should come with an [Attendees] column. Use a Slice with the expression IN( USEREMAIL() , [Attendees] ) should work, I'd think.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @johnni88 

You may benefit from using a Slice, and set your calendar view data source on this slice.

How to:

Option 1

1) go to Data/Slice

2) set a row filter condition, such as : 

[Section]=LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(), "USER", "email", "section")

Note: this assumes you have a table USER, with columns Email and Section.

And this assumes you want to separate viewings according to each section 

More information here:

Slices: The Essentials

LOOKUP 

Option2: use security filter

basically the same function, but only relevant data will be loaded on user's device

How to: 

1) Go under panel Security/Security Filter

2) pick your schedule table 

3) same expression than above

More information here:

Security filters: The Essentials 

Thank you very much. I'll check it out and see if i can make sense of it. I'm still learning expressions but i should be able to manage. 

Thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

What does "section" mean? what are you referring to?

By 'section', I was referring to a company service. 

Let's say: HR services should not see manufacturing informations. That's just an example, I probably picked a wrong word, English is not my native language ๐Ÿ™‚

its ok ๐Ÿ™‚ I appreciate your help.

because the data is coming directly from google calendar, there is no table on google sheets to reference.

Therefore, do I need to create a new USER table in google sheets? somehow I need to distinguish users via google calendar directly.

I might need to ask for some direct advice

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi  @johnni88 

I'm afraid  I don't have experience when it comes to dealing with Google Calendar and multiple users.

Maybe  @Joseph_Seddik , @Steve @Marc_Dillon 

Hey Aurelien, FYI

Use the expression IN( USEREMAIL() , [Attendees] ) in a security filter, not a slice

Thanks for your help!

A GCal table should come with an [Attendees] column. Use a Slice with the expression IN( USEREMAIL() , [Attendees] ) should work, I'd think.

Thanks marc you're spot on! but I found I had to add it in as a security filter, not a slice.

Massive help anyway! really appreciated!

Haven't encountered that need, but I'd definitely go with Marc's proposal. 

Top Labels in this Space