Slideshow / Presentation

Hi guys. I have a seemingly simple request which is driving me crazy. My sales team uses PDF or Powerpoint files to show clients a presentation in the form of a slideshow. I’d like to build that same slideshow within AppSheet.

I’ve converted each page to .jpg files, chosen detail and enabled slideshow mode. The functionality to click left and right works perfectly but the image sizes do not. Fill makes the images too large, fit makes them too small and nothing seems to work when viewing it on phone/tablet horizontal.

Does anyone know of a way to simply slide/swipe through images in a slideshow like you’re able to do on PDF or Powerpoint?

Thanks!

0 2 710
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hi! Welcome to AppSheet from an ordinary user who’s been around for a while now.

I don’t think I know the best answer to your question but I can make a couple of observations. First, on an app I have built, I have images set to appear as part of a slideshow screen – not fullscreen. Obviously, this is not what you are looking for. However, if I tap on the image it expands to fullscreen size (fills the screen but does not go beyond the edges), which I think is what you want. This is not ideal, of course, but you could do basically what you want to do – it would just mean extra tapping at each slide transition.

Another strategy, which I can’t recommend whole-heartedly but I’ll go ahead and mention is adding extra space around your jpg images to make them appear to be the proper size on “fill.” That takes some extra work but it should be possible. I’ve done something like that on my app logo.

Other people here probably have better information about methods that AppSheet already supports. If not, perhaps AppSheet should add another “fill” option that doesn’t cause parts of the image to be hidden.

Good luck! I’ll be curious to see what other people have to say about this.

It sounds that the best option would be the same image size and ratio. If you play a little with the image size, you probably find the best option. Please check this article about sizing…

Top Labels in this Space