Snapshot() - Datasource dependent??

How can I show multiple snapshots of a linked view and send in email. Big question is do all the views have to be in the same datasource? From my tests, I can't show mutliple datasources. I am using a Bot to create an email at a specific time but I must select a tablename. What if my views use different tables?

<<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW(โ€œPOWRA Graph by Monthโ€))>> (Uses the "POWRA" Datasource)

<<SNAPSHOT(LINKTOVIEW(โ€œPOWRA Location Month Chartโ€))>> (Uses the "POWRA Month Numbers" Datasource

I want them both to be within the same PDF.

Solved Solved
0 4 71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Domearian wrote:

What if my views use different tables?

Hope the below testing helps you. I tested with 

1. Charts drawn on two different tables. Included those two charts in the email body and PDF template using SNAPSHOT(0 function.

2. A data change bot firing on the data change in the third table.

3. All the three tables are in the same Google Sheet spreadsheet file.

The SNAPSHOT() based charts were included in the email as well as PDF generated.

The email fires when there is a change in a field in the Customers table. The charts included with SNAPSHOT() are from Orders and Products table.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1674554260362.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Just curious, couldn't you just do a better thing than taking an snapshot()? It's just an awful feature.
Check quickchart for example.

Open Source Chart Image API | QuickChart

Unfortunately our organisation does not allow third party API usage.

@Domearian wrote:

What if my views use different tables?

Hope the below testing helps you. I tested with 

1. Charts drawn on two different tables. Included those two charts in the email body and PDF template using SNAPSHOT(0 function.

2. A data change bot firing on the data change in the third table.

3. All the three tables are in the same Google Sheet spreadsheet file.

The SNAPSHOT() based charts were included in the email as well as PDF generated.

The email fires when there is a change in a field in the Customers table. The charts included with SNAPSHOT() are from Orders and Products table.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1674554260362.png

Thank you. Very helpful.

Top Labels in this Space