So many folders!?

when i create a pdf (invoice generator) from the app off of my form i go to google drive and its in an unnamed folder-drive.google.com-drive-folders-asdkfjhasdfkasjhf=sharing-hhcs forms-then one file. each time i make a new file it does the process all over again.
is there a way to just save all files in one folder on my drive? i dont understand why its doing this? i have tried sharing the link to the folder to anyplace i can find that asks for where would you like this to go, but alas does not work, even just putting the name of the folder doesnt work. im so confused lol
thanks for any help!
ashley

0 7 153
7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thatโ€™s very odd!

Please post a screenshot of the configuration of the automation that generates the file.

Hi Steve,
i thought I had this pretty simple but I guess not and just an fyi it creates a new unnamed folder with the huge pathway every new day i generate an invoice. is also going to make it hard for me to automatically send the generated invoice if i cant find it.

i think this is what your looking for?

Thanks for your help!
Ashley

Can you show us the full File Name Prefix expression?

"HHCS INVOICE<<NAME>>,<<INVOICE #>>"
Is the full file name prefix expression, because that way it is a unique id and has the customers name in it so its easy to track down when wanting to send the invoice to the customer.
thanks john for your help!
ashley

figured out my issue!! thanks for your help everyone!

Awesome! Can you let the rest of us in on your secret?

Sure! I accidentally put information on where to save the files on the app properties page of the app and it didnt like this.

so i deleted my information and went back to default folder situation. so it now goes into the appsheet/data/hhcsforms/hhcsforms folder. which to me is still to many folders as i feel i only need one, but will deal with the default set up.

if you have any idea how i can fix it to be in just one folder i would be all ears!
thanks
ashley

Top Labels in this Space