Sort rows based on date created, and select position number

Hello, 

I am new to Appsheet, creating my first two apps, Address Book and Jobs and Projects. These are to manage work for our woodworking company. 

At Jobs and Projects, we number each Project within a Job. I created a formula to auto-number the Projects as I add them with formula COUNT( FILTER("Projects", [Job] = [_THISROW].[Job]))+1. This works great initially, but when I edit any Project, the Project number changes to the new count of Projects plus 1. I need the Project number to stay the same once created. 

I think that I need a virtual column, that sorts the Projects by Date Created. And then a suggested value that finds the chosen project's position in that sort.

The Date Created is defined by NOW(), and is not editable, so I think this would be a stable way to determine and keep Project numbers. 

But I can't figure out the formula for the Virtual Column, or the formula for Suggested Value. User Steve on this community had a very similar thread in 2022, and I have tried to use it in my situation here, but I can't get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

briane_2-1698851625998.png

briane_1-1698851579963.png

0 2 75
2 REPLIES 2

Swap your formula into the Initial Value column instead.

Thank you!!
Top Labels in this Space