Speed ​​when creating PDF

Good moorning, i am developing a app and in the future I"ll pay for Publisher Pro Plan for this, I know the limitations of this plan, in my application users (e.g. 100 people) can use the app to generate a pdf file my doubt is that if this process (to generate the file) will be fast with the new plan or on the contrary will be slow with more users?

0 8 535
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The number of users should have no impact on the speed of generating a PDF, regardless of plan.

Steve's response is correct assuming you are generating a single PDF that is sent to a long list of recipients. Adding more recipients does not increase the time needed to generate the PDF.

On the other hand, if you are generating a distinct PDF for each user, then the time to generate those PDFs goes up with each user you add. In the later case, you would very quickly reach the time limit we impose regardless of the plan you are on. We impose this limit to prevent one user from overwhelming the system and thereby hurting performance for other users.

Thanks @Phil and  @Steve,  my case is the following, each user that has the app (initially 100) will have a module called "guarantee" (1 single table in mysql) where they register:
* Name
* Phone
* Date
* Product code
*Time_warranty

When they create these records (save) a pdf will automatically be created with the information previously (generated in A4 format), once the pdf is generated the user has an action that allows the pdf to be sent to the registered whatsapp number.

That's the end of my flow.

That's where my question comes from, if I have 100 users creating records which in turn automatically create the pdf, would many users experience slowness?

PDF: I have tested with 3 users simultaneously and the average time of all this (sending record to mysql table and having the pdf created) is 40 seconds, after that I can only use the action of sending by whatsapp.

It sounds like any particular user will do this vary rarely. If that is true, then even if you have lots of users the transaction rate will be quite low. What transaction rate are you expecting in terms of PDFs generated and sent per day or hour or minute?

My statistical calculations show me daily(per day) between 500 to 600 pdf's (that also means 500-600 insertions in the guarantees table). By the way I am using the google drive to store the pdf's.

I cannot tell you the amount per hour since we simply do not have that information and there is no way of knowing.

Wow!

Assuming something approaching a normal distribution and an 8 hour day that is only about 1.25 per minute which should be manageable.

Yes, thanks for your point of view, I have always believed that the only way to find out is to try it, so I will do the test and if someone in the future has the same doubt I will be here to give them my experience.

Top Labels in this Space