6 X 24 X 200#111
8 X 10 X 200#113
11 X 36 X 250#105
10 X 250#115

Solved Solved
0 5 916
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Amit_Jain
Can you check if this is what you are querying for? Just click on your name in the deck view below, and try to add a record. Enter a number in [ColX] column and observe the splitted value in [Splitted_ML] column. For testing I have assinged the same ML value in your post as an initial value to the [MultiLine] column. I have also set a Valid_if in [ColX] column in a way that the set value cannot be bigger than the length of the splitted list. For example: if you edit the existing test record and try to set 5 value in [ColX], the validation will raise an error that itโ€™s not valid.

You are free to copy this app from my personal portfolio here > https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/245151

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Amit_Jain
Try this:

SWITCH(
[ColX],
1, INDEX(SPLIT([MultiLineCell],"X"),1),
2, INDEX(SPLIT([MultiLineCell],"X"),2),
INDEX(SPLIT([MultiLineCell],"#"),2)
)

@Amit_Jain
I believe I have mis-judged your question. Now I got the essense. Sorry. I need to think about this. Disregard my first reply pls.

@Amit_Jain
Can you check if this is what you are querying for? Just click on your name in the deck view below, and try to add a record. Enter a number in [ColX] column and observe the splitted value in [Splitted_ML] column. For testing I have assinged the same ML value in your post as an initial value to the [MultiLine] column. I have also set a Valid_if in [ColX] column in a way that the set value cannot be bigger than the length of the splitted list. For example: if you edit the existing test record and try to set 5 value in [ColX], the validation will raise an error that itโ€™s not valid.

You are free to copy this app from my personal portfolio here > https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/245151

Thanks @Levent
It worked You saved my day

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space