Start: Function with Workflow help

Hi! I have 2 tables, one called “Product List”, and one called “Send Instructions”

The “Product List” has the name of the product ([Name]), and an image of the product ([Image of Product (Image Address)])

The “Send Instructions” has a enum-list ([Which Products?]). The drop down contains all of the values from the ([Name]) column in the other table.

My goal is to have the user edit the “Send Instructions” form from the app. They select the products they want from the enum-list, and then save the form. Then, as a workflow, it sends a template pdf to the person who saved the form. The template contains a table with 2 columns, Name of the Product and Image of the Product. Each row contains a product, and an image. But I only want the products that the user selected from the dropdown to show up, not all products.

What formulas should I place in my template, and where, so that I can accomplish this goal?

If it helps, this would be used when an employee walks into a store, and looks to see which types of bread are on the shelves. The user then creates a form in “Send Instructions”, clicks on the products that are in that store, and saves it, at which point that user receives an email with a table containing both the name and image of only the products selected by the user. Thanks!!
[2x775hq|591x500](upload://wBcqUol5Hqw1LwXl0a77M4IvQuE.png

0 7 330
7 REPLIES 7

You could use something like…
<< Start: SELECT(Product List[Name],IN([Name],[_THISROW].[Which Products?])) >>

Ok, I will try that!

Have a Wonderful Day! - Nick Barry RPC

So I tried putting that in, and then <>, but it just comes up as the formula, and doesn’t actually carry out as the formula. Would you mind explaining a bit more?

Gonnella Com +

<< Start: SELECT(Product List[Name],IN([Name],[_THISROW].[Which Products?])) >>

<<SELECT(Product List[Name],IN([Name],[_THISROW].[Which Products?])) >>

<< end >>

I tried putting this in, but it comes up as nothing

I would make sure the [Which Products?] EnumList column has a base type of Ref, and refs the “products list” table.

Then your template will be more simply:

That worked. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space