Start expressions did not get any value from child table

Hi, I use a bot to generate a pdf, but when i trying to modify pdf temples using start/end expressions, and I just test the bot, seems working good, the pdf can get all the child table values. But when i operate in the app, the pdf did not get any value from child table.  Am i missing anything? Please help me out, thanks ahead.

Here are some screen shots:

frankwanglinked_0-1713505132403.png

Solved Solved
0 17 191
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use a DateTime column and then use NOW(). That you don't need to reset as it is always different.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

It sounds like you are adding childs at the same time than the parent because of the "Is part of". Am I right?

frankwanglinked_0-1713511362246.png

seems yes.

I got Receiving table as parent, ReceivingLog table as child. This pdf bot is going to triggered when receiving form saved, and for sure, the receiving log was submitted at the same time when receiving form saved. Could you share with me any solutions on this?

The reason is simple.. the Bot is triggered before child records are saved. That is because the parent needs to be saved first so the Child records would have a valid parent ID.

If you trigger the Bot later, it works because all child records are already saved.

Now you need to trigger the Bot with Updates, not with Adds. To do that, you need to have an Event action triggered from the Parent_Form. The action needs to update something in the parent..  like for example a timestamp with NOW().

I've tried this method, but cannot trigger the bot...

frankwanglinked_0-1713514162142.png

What does the Audit history say for the reason? 

the condition always False, seems like the status did not changed

frankwanglinked_0-1713517111945.png

This is not from the Audit history. You can find it from Editor > Manage > Monitor > Audit history > Launch log analyzer

pdf bot not showing up

frankwanglinked_0-1713517939473.png

Have you specified that the Bot should run with Updates only?

yes, i did.

frankwanglinked_0-1713521927494.png

frankwanglinked_1-1713521946567.png

Does it work if you open the existing parent record and then modify it keeping the [Status] as "Run"?

it seems status not been set to Run. But I do following that instructions...

Use a DateTime column and then use NOW(). That you don't need to reset as it is always different.

Sounds would work, but I am a newbie on appsheet, could give me more detials about how to doing this? Thank you.

Hi, AleksiAlkio

finally, I think I just worked it out!! thanks you so much for your patient, i looked back to all my forms, turns out i put the set status from run to blank to a system generated form, but actually, the form that i use for is another one which i created from a slice table. ๐Ÿคฃ i was so stupid....

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space