Stop email from row "updates only" triggering on new row

Hi,

I have an email bot that triggers on a new row to send a "New order" email. I also have an "Order Updated" email that triggers on updates only. The problem is that I have an update on the new row as part of the sequence of actions so that the "New Order" email only sends after the child table with order detail rows have been added.

The new row has the update so that child table data is shown in the new order email.

It means that every time there is a "New Order" email, an "Order updated" email triggers too. It's been like that for a long time and it's just a second email each time but it's really annoying.

I tried havign an expression  that stops the update email sending if the [date taken] = today() and the [time taken] < TIMENOW()+1 but due to date formatting it doesn't work - is there a simpler way?

Thanks

Phil

0 3 35
3 REPLIES 3

Presumably you're updating [some column] to "some value" as part of your sequence, to trigger the "new" record email. So just use an opposing condition in the updates email event. Something like :

AND(
  [some column] = "some value" ,
  [_THISROW_BEFORE].[some column] = [some column]
)

Thanks Marc,

I'm struggling with this one. 

The column [Run 2] is blank when the new row is added and then an action sets it to "Run" which then triggers the unwanted update.

I've Tried 

AND(
[|Run 2] = "Run" ,
[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Run 2] = [Run 2]
)

So one of your bots would trigger on if [Run 2] changes to "Run", and the other one would trigger on if [Run 2] does NOT change, or at least doesn't change to "Run".

Top Labels in this Space