Storage in a Shared Drive - Automation PDF

GV
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi,

I am building an app on behalf of customers with my own gmail address. I am the administrator of their shared drive but with a free gmail address (I don't have a google workspace)

In an automation, I am creating a PDF storing it in a specific folder starting from this shared drive.

Unfortunately it stores the PDF file created from a created folder (the storage path works) which is not that shared drive.

Anyone could help ? Thanks, 

0 5 424
5 REPLIES 5

The Bot can only create files in folders that are located at or below the location of the spreadsheet. You can perhaps experiment with creating a shortcut to the shared folder, within the same folder as the spreadsheet.

GV
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

And how could I make that ? 

And what about giving the ownership of the same to the owner of the shared folders ? 

Thanks

GV
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi Marc, 

The spreadsheet is on the shared drive, that's why I don't understand why it stores the created PDF in a new google drive file.

Thanks, 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try these search results:

Search results - AppSheet Help

I have the same problem. The bot generating the pdf file is saving it to my drive while all our google sheet files are in our shared google drive. This is the reason why the app cannot open the pdf file I'd like to ask if there is a chance to change the bot output file location to point to the shared drive.. thanks.

Top Labels in this Space