Storage of prior entries

Hello,

I have created a car maintenance application that has a column for [Current Mileage]. This column is used for the user to enter the current mileage every time the vehicle is checked. The longest it stores the data is until the next time the vehicle is checked, then the user enters the new mileage. 

*I should add all the edits are done through quick edit mode.

I was requested by the co-worker who would use the app to have it keep a record every  time that mileage is checked. So to record the date it was checked and the [Current Mileage] it was at.

I am fairly new to this and am not sure how to do that via Appsheet. Is there a way to store this data so that it can be referenced when needed within the app?

Thanks.

0 2 50
2 REPLIES 2

You should have 2 tables here (at least); "Cars" and "Maintenance". Maintenance will have a Ref column that references a single car record and will hold a record for each maintenance, each with its own mileage. This is a very common "one-to-many" or "parent-child" relationship. Do a bit of research about common "relational" data structure, as well as references in Appsheet.

Will do, thanks for the input.

Top Labels in this Space