Store my data into a Cloud Database using Sheets

Hi guy's, I need some help to solve a problem. (I'm newbie)

I have to store all the data of an app in France, so I can't use gdrive, and neither gsheets. Right ? 

I have to find a server in France, like OVHCloud.

Then, can I use this new server like my actual gdrive and put it some Excel sheets to replace my old gsheets ? 

I'm a LOT more comfortable using Sheets than Database like SQL.

1 8 180
8 REPLIES 8

When in an app's Data tab, if you tap the "New Table" button and then tap the "New Source" button, you will be presented with a list of supported Cloud datasource providers.  See the list below.  You'll need to investigate to see if one of these are valid for your use from France.  Good Luck!

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 2.31.25 PM.png

Hi @WillowMobileSys  thanks to take time to help me. 
Do you confirm that the better choice (or the only one) is to select Cloud Database ? To be able to add a server with the ip. 

"Better" is relative and depends on your needs so I couldn't answer for you.

As for what choices you have,  I would take the list above and confirm that through your company.

Note that to be able to use a database sourced app in AppSheet, you must have an Enterprise plan.  Depending on what external database service you choose, there may also be costs for the database access as well.

Is the Google drive and sheets service not available in france?! 

@WillowMobileSys Thank for the info I will investigate the cost. 

Do you know if I use a database sourced app, the only option is to use a database language like SQL or can I store Excel sheets and use then like a database (like gsheets in appseet) ? 

@MultiTech Yes it is available.

In a specific use case, the future client could be the French government (like city โ€‹โ€‹hall), and there is a law that specify that the data of French government should stay in the territory (so in this case I can't use Google Cloud). 

Wo 

@VictorB wrote:

In a specific use case, the future client could be the French government (like city โ€‹โ€‹hall), and there is a law that specify that the data of French government should stay in the territory (so in this case I can't use Google Cloud). 

Wow that's exciting! 

With GCP, you actually have control over regionality of your data. 

I have a client scenario that's pretty close to your requirements: one of my clients uses a SQL hosted on a GCP account, and those tables are hard-coded for being stored in that region.  Whenever I connect to the system, from the other side of the planet, I deal with lag because the data has to travel so far to get to me; but that's what needed to be done for them to have their data where they needed it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GCP, AWS, AZUR... all these big names deal with governments all the time; they have ample tools in place to control things like this - it's just a matter of learning all the ins-and-outs of the security systems of the platform you choose.

That's very interesting ! 

I've contacted Google Cloud to have more information on the subject.

Thank's !

Top Labels in this Space