Store the value of the enum

I have a set of name whose datatype is enum and I want to store the user input to have another use.

For example, when user choose Jack as their name, I can store it somewhere in another data (let's say [user input] whose datatype is text)and use it afterward.

Is it possible to do that? Thanks for helping

0 4 97
4 REPLIES 4

You have to be more specific on how you "use it afterward" for the community to suggest a good way to do this.

But if you simply want to store user input, you could just create a table, say user input, with, for instance, id, useremail, input datetime, intput value and use it later.

Thanks for replying! For my initial design, I am going to create a small login system which allows users to login with their unique passcode. The way I want is when the user choose their name and input the correct passcode. The system will record their name and set it as the default name for the coming use (to input data with their default name). 

Therefore, I am wondering can I have a new column (say user input) which store the user selected name for it.

Please read this Q&A (and others like this) before you create your own user/passcode interface. Basically this is not recommended or violates Google security policy. (public apps with public data are OK)

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/How-to-creat-user-login-id-and-password-inter-f...

It is impossible to create a secure login system within AppSheet. The only was to have a secure login to an AppSheet app is to use the login methods AppSheet itself provides.

Top Labels in this Space