Strange Datetime Behaviour

Can anyone explain this behaviour, and exactly what time of day 00:22 PM is?

Qiro_0-1689885711673.png

I would like this to be displayed as it is saved in the Sheets document, in 24 hour format.

Qiro_1-1689885790756.png

For some reason, AppSheet is converting it to that weird time format?

0 5 141
5 REPLIES 5

Verwenden Sie Text(), dann kรถnnte es vielleicht ein Gebietsschemaeinstellungsproblem sein?

Dann siehe Lรถsungsweg: Warnung vor Problem und Workaround 

The Date/Time in the sheet is not saved in a particular format. It is saved as a non-human-intelligible number. Your OS/Browser's Regional Settings convert this number into one of many human-readable formats. 

AppSheet neither displays Date/Time in any particular format, it is the Regional Settings of the OS/Browser/Mobile device. You can change it from there and AppSheet's display will follow.

What I can't get my head around is why it's displayed in 12 hour format on the page displayed above and in 24 hour format on other views in the same app.

Qiro_0-1689923387962.png

Also, 00:22 PM does not exist. It's either 00:22 AM, or 12:22 PM, there's no 00:22 PM in 12 or 24 hour time.

Surely that says there's a bug in the way AppSheet is converting times?

I see, if you are not formatting using TEXT() it is very strange to have different formats from one view to another !! I agree seems to be a bug.

I had noticed the 00:22 PM, but I thought may be it existed somewhere; I don't know all the world's different locales.

@Joseph_Seddik wrote:

I had noticed the 00:22 PM, but I thought may be it existed somewhere; I don't know all the world's different locales.

Good point well made, I had not considered that.

Top Labels in this Space