Strangely missing column in form view

Hi, please find attached the definitions of the detail and form view for a little app I am trying to develop. Also attached you find the previews inside the editor and also when I open the app in a new tab (in desktop mode). While the preview shows the columns correcly for both the detail and the form view, the desktop version is not showing the correct column (but instead shows one which is not even included in the column order). As far as I can tell I don't have any show or show_if constraints or disabled anything.

Does anyone have any idea?Preview Detail ViewPreview Detail ViewDesktop Detail ViewDesktop Detail ViewDesktop Form ViewDesktop Form ViewPreview Form ViewPreview Form ViewColumn Order Detail ViewColumn Order Detail ViewColumn Order Form ViewColumn Order Form View

Solved Solved
0 4 290
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are likely not seeing the view you think you are.  Since the issue seems to be in the Desktop, the Emulator is not going to help.  So, to test this, insert a "unique" display name in each view you are testing - e.g. "Detail 1", "Form 1", "Detail 2", etc.  Make certain you have the option to show view names turned on under the "Theme and Brand" settings.  Then access the views again in the Desktop to confirm you are being shown the view you think you are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

You are likely not seeing the view you think you are.  Since the issue seems to be in the Desktop, the Emulator is not going to help.  So, to test this, insert a "unique" display name in each view you are testing - e.g. "Detail 1", "Form 1", "Detail 2", etc.  Make certain you have the option to show view names turned on under the "Theme and Brand" settings.  Then access the views again in the Desktop to confirm you are being shown the view you think you are.

Hi, as weird as it was to discover this: you were right and both edit and detail show the same view, i.e. the detail view. The only difference it is shown in a kind of edit mode when it's supposed to be the edit view.

I cannot, however, remember setting this up in any way, nor did I find a way to undo this. I'd be very grateful if you had an answer to that, as well.

ciao Thomas

It seems the culprit was a preview feature (use desktop mode) which is tagged as "do not use in production". After disabling the switch, the views/behavior were different, but it finally worked. Thanks!

K5
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

I was having the same problem.
I hope Desktop view will be available for production soon!

Top Labels in this Space