Student Check-In app

I started with the excellent Student Check-In app and modified it for our private apartments pool/gym. I struggle to understand how the ID Input/Scan screen is modified - I originally hid some items, but canโ€™t remember how!

To explain workflow, the lobby guard โ€œSearchesโ€ the database and sees everyone (love the instant match after 2 or 3 characters) , but I want a version where only the โ€œNewโ€ option is available for the resident to register.

Clearly Iโ€™m looking in the wrong screens, because I canโ€™t even get the โ€œEditโ€ option to work.

Anybody can shine some light?

0 4 155
4 REPLIES 4

I wasnโ€™t able to find the Student Check-in app you referred to.

If I understand correctly, if a resident has not yet registered, you want them to see ONLY the โ€œNewโ€ option forcing them to register.

Iโ€™ll assume you have the app setup so that anyone getting a copy can use the app - i.e. no login required and not a Public app.

Iโ€™ll also assume that when a user registers, you are capturing the user email in a table called Registered Residents.

With these assumptions, what you can do is test the USEREMAIL() value against the register userโ€™s email list. If the email is not listed, then you would hide all views EXCEPT the โ€œNewโ€ view. If registered users have other views they can access in the app, then you would do the opposite - show those views EXCEPT the โ€œNewโ€ view.

To accomplish that described above, you would need to go into each MAIN view - those in the Primary and Menu view lists - and add an expression in the Show_If property (found under the Display section of the view). The expression would be something like:

IN(USEREMAIL(), Registered Residents[Email])

In the โ€œNewโ€ view, the Show_If property would be:

NOT(IN(USEREMAIL(), Registered Users[Email]))

I hope this helps and Iโ€™m on the right track! Let us know.

Is this possible? Iโ€™ve not developed a public app, but my understanding is that a public app is an app that doesnโ€™t require logins.

I probably didnโ€™t word it correctly. โ€œno login requiredโ€ was meant to refer to an app set to โ€œAllow all signed-in usersโ€ but this is a little confusing I think. While the user is signed into their Cloud account, they are not required to physically sign into the app and the users are not listed in the โ€œwhitelistโ€.

I felt it was important to distinguish between a non-public app where the users donโ€™t physically log into the app versus a Public appโ€ฆto deal with the requested feature in the post.

Thanks - will try this out

Top Labels in this Space