Subscription plan for Zapier

Hello,

I understand that you need at least an Enterprise plan to be able to use Zapier or similar services. Is my understanding correct please? or is Core plan enough?

Also, a trivial question. From numerous posts here I can see that this integration works and it is even mentioned explicitly in AppSheetโ€™s official docs. Yet, I wonder why AppSheet is not listed among the supported applications in Zapierโ€™s own list.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 4 162
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KJ Seddik,

Yes, if you use the Appsheet Zapier integration to perform Adds, Updates, or Deletes to an Appsheet table you need an Enterprise plan. That is because the Appsheet Zapier integration is invoking the REST API which is an Enterprise feature. The same is true if you use the Appsheet Zapier integration to invoke a Appsheet define Action.

As Simon rightly said, an alternative is to use Zapier to directly work with the Google worksheet.

I added the Zapier integration several years ago and it was in Beta status for a long time. That seemed sufficient because the number of customers using the Zapier feature was relatively small. Eventually Zapier change the status from Beta to Private so the Appsheet Zapier integration is no long very visible. However, it does still work. I just updated the Zapier integration to version 2.0.4 to eliminate a security flaw in a third party supplied software library. I migrated all existing users of versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.3 to use the new more secure version 2.0.4. While doing that, I tried all of the features and it still works fine.

I have just submitted a request to Zapier to review and hopefully approve the Zapier integration. Letโ€™s see what they say.

The last time I tried this, Zapier was alarmed that we support Delete and wanted me to remove that feature. They were concerned that users would inadvertently delete records from their tables. I tried explaining that Appsheet included full database features including Add, Update, and Delete and we should expose the full capability of Appsheet through Zapier. I got tired of arguing the point and just left it in Beta status because there were better things to spend time on. Letโ€™s see how it goes this time.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The Apps that I have that use Zapier work with the Google Sheet and not Appsheet. So the Appsheet license would be irrelevant in this senario.

This is very helpful Simon. Thanks much!!

KJ Seddik,

Yes, if you use the Appsheet Zapier integration to perform Adds, Updates, or Deletes to an Appsheet table you need an Enterprise plan. That is because the Appsheet Zapier integration is invoking the REST API which is an Enterprise feature. The same is true if you use the Appsheet Zapier integration to invoke a Appsheet define Action.

As Simon rightly said, an alternative is to use Zapier to directly work with the Google worksheet.

I added the Zapier integration several years ago and it was in Beta status for a long time. That seemed sufficient because the number of customers using the Zapier feature was relatively small. Eventually Zapier change the status from Beta to Private so the Appsheet Zapier integration is no long very visible. However, it does still work. I just updated the Zapier integration to version 2.0.4 to eliminate a security flaw in a third party supplied software library. I migrated all existing users of versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.3 to use the new more secure version 2.0.4. While doing that, I tried all of the features and it still works fine.

I have just submitted a request to Zapier to review and hopefully approve the Zapier integration. Letโ€™s see what they say.

The last time I tried this, Zapier was alarmed that we support Delete and wanted me to remove that feature. They were concerned that users would inadvertently delete records from their tables. I tried explaining that Appsheet included full database features including Add, Update, and Delete and we should expose the full capability of Appsheet through Zapier. I got tired of arguing the point and just left it in Beta status because there were better things to spend time on. Letโ€™s see how it goes this time.

Thanks for this detailed and informative reply Phil, much appreciated!

All the best with Zapierโ€™s integration, I hope this time it turns out to your satisfaction.

Top Labels in this Space