Sudden Severe Loss in Performance when reading from MySQL Table

Has anyone else noticed significantly worse performance when reading from a MySQL table over the past couple days?

Today we are seeing errors across multiple apps that worked perfectly last week. Each app is experiencing a severely slowed sync time when reading from a large MySQL table. The table is large but reasonably efficient and we did not have this issue previously. It started either today or over the weekend.

Iโ€™ve traced the problem down to the lowest level in the performance monitor and it does not appear to be from virtual columns or anything else except simply reading from the table.

0 9 214
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

All of our apps using MySQL as data source is currently down due to the same errors, obviously outage is happening.

@Steve
I emailed to support, but could you escalate ticket internallyโ€ฆ Again all of our apps are currenlty down due to MySQL originated errors.

Sorry I was unable to help. Your post arrived after Iโ€™d left for the day.

We were in touch with Google Cloud help chat to call for support.
Our SQL instance was down due to unknown reasons. While we were tackle with the problem, all the sudden, without doing anything from our side, the SQL instance was restarted.
Currenlty, Appsheet app is back, and up and running.

Unfortunately we are still seeing widespread issues with no resolution yet. Our Google Cloud instance appears to be running fine, we also rebooted it as a precaution, but still seeing terrible performance on the Appsheet side. (We do also have a ticket in with Support.)

We are using MySQL from an AWS RDS instance not Google Cloud and our speed seems to be the same as always so I would guess that this is a Google Cloud issue not a MySQL issue.

Thanks for the info, always good to be able to compare.

Iโ€™ve been running some tests and itโ€™s taking Appsheet a full 60 seconds to read 21,679 rows from my database on a single table. I can run the same query in my IDE and return all 21,679 rows in less than a second. It might be sort of comparing apples to oranges but I imagine that if my database itself was having an issue I would see some slowdown running queries there as well. Maybe theyโ€™ve been making a change to how Appsheet interacts directly with Google Cloud SQL?..

EIG

I am running large tables in Postgres in Google Cloud without any current issues. I know this is not the exact issue you are having but maybe that might help narrow it down some.

Top Labels in this Space